Good Lab Members and Events Coordinator
Over the past 4 years, Good Lab has been the home for social innovation in Hong Kong.
Embodying the spirit of collaboration at the heart of our work, Good Lab stands at the intersection between Government, Businesses and Social Impact organisations, working to build dialogue, strengthen capacity and co-creating new innovations. Our founding members include Dialogue Experience, Social Ventures Hong Kong, Make a Different Institute, Social Enterprise Summit, Education For Good, and Solution on Wheels.
We provide training, consultancy and programs to corporates, NGOs and governments. We’re a thought leader on a variety of issues, including community revitalisation, education, co-housing, shared value, youth and social entrepreneurship ecosystem development.
As Hong Kong’s social innovation hub, we have over 200 members that are based at the Good Lab. The Good Lab is where minds and ideas meet and where socially innovative and sustainable ideas are incubated, prototyped and launched.
At the centre of the Good Lab is our community and the people. We are looking for an outgoing team member who can communicate with our diverse members, find out their needs and help them to connect with like-minded changemakers in the Good Lab and greater community of Hong Kong as well. He or she will also be responsible to organize a number of members’ and public events and will work with the team on workshops, training and programmes at the Good Lab.
- Greeting everyone who comes into the space, and providing guided tours and orientations of the space and community
- Be able to engage members, learn their needs, priorities and skills, and help our members and guests with any questions they have regarding our amenities and the Good Lab community
- Have experience in organising successful events, programs or workshops.
- Supporting real-world and online communication activities, including searching for the latest innovative projects and funding, and posting in our social media channels
- Assisting the management team in all activities that support Good Lab’s development
- Show a track record or interest in social entrepreneurship, social innovation, or non-profit management
- A warm and approachable personality
- Experience in organising and executing workshops and events
- Be able to demonstrate an ability of juggling multiple work priorities and also be able to be flexible and learn on the job
- Have a service mentality, be responsible, dependable, organized and have an attention to detail.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office, Excel, and powerpoint.
- Needs to be fluent in spoken and written Cantonese and have a good command of spoken and written English. Being able to speak Mandarin is also desired.
Interested applicants please send your CV with last & expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23 May 2016.