Over the past six years, Good Lab has been the home for social innovation in Hong Kong. Embodying the spirit of collaboration at the heart of our work, Good Lab stands at the intersection between government, businesses and NGOs, working to build dialogue, strengthen capacity and co-creating new innovations. We provide training and consultancy to organisations across industries and sectors and are a thought leader on a variety of social issues, including community revitalisation, education, co-housing, Shared Value, youth empowerment, and social entrepreneurship development.
Past and current partnerships include HSBC, MTR, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals, Yan Oi Tong, Police Force and Drainage Services Department. You might ask, this seems like the most diverse group of clients. Well, that’s what we do, bring unlikely partners together to create new synergies and partnerships for social good.
Join us to help make Hong Kong a better place for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to support and lead an exciting array of client projects.
Working within a passionate small team, we are looking for a candidate who doesn’t only want to sit at a computer all day. The main duties are to manage and facilitate social innovation projects to deliver tangible outcomes. You will be exposed to a variety of challenging opportunities, arranging bespoke and engaging workshops for clients and coordinating dialogue between multiple stakeholders in different communities. You will be engaged in the whole process, from developing the proposal, structuring the program and then executing it in the field. You’ll get to understand, learn and visit parts of Hong Kong you never knew existed and get a multifaceted understanding of the complex issues in Hong Kong and attempt to curate experiences that will create solutions for them.
‘I learned more in my first two months at the Good Lab than I did for a whole year in my last job.’ Quote from a current team member.
Work you’ll do:
- Lead and execute projects to deliver a superior client experience, including developing project plans, managing budget, planning for logistics, defining deliverable content, ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from clients
- Identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Scope and deliver high-quality project deliverables, including (but not limited to) reports, presentations, and events etc.
- Identify and transform opportunities into solutions that drive values for our clients
- Develop relationships, establish credibility with and instil confidence in clients to be a trusted social innovation advisor
- Comprehend how the client’s organisation works and keep up-to-date on industry / sector trends, leading practices, and social innovation cases
- Communicate across multiple internal and external stakeholders to align priorities and direction
- Support business development through identifying and winning potential opportunities
- Support Good Lab functions and events when required
Your role as a leader:
- Understand key objectives for clients and Good Lab, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Deliver exceptional client service; maximises results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across government, businesses, and NGOs
- Develop and coach high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Act as a role model, embracing and living Good Lab’s purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- Bachelor degree or above in social sciences, arts, humanities, management, or related disciplines
- Minimum of four years’ experience in project and / or programme management in a leader capacity under a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in community services, civil society, public administration, social enterprise, or related sectors would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high commitment to quality client service
- Excellent command on PowerPoint and Word; solid skills in negotiation and consultative selling
- Demonstrate ability to juggle multiple work priorities, attention to details and outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to motivate and lead a team with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness
- Demonstrate stakeholder management ability, to interact professionally with diverse group of key decision-makers, internally and externally
- High proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (fluency in Mandarin is an advantage)
- Outgoing character with a proven track record in business development activities is a definite advantage
- Team player with the ability to take initiatives and self-motivated in a dynamic and collaborative project team environment
- Be able to work on weekends and flexible hours for specific Good Lab functions when required
Candidates with less experience may be considered for a Project Officer position.
This position’s salary range is between $20K to 30K a month based on experience.
Interested applicants please send your CV with current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after 12 months.