Over the past six years, Good Lab has been the home for social innovation in Hong Kong. Embodying the spirit of collaboration at the heart of our work, Good Lab stands at the intersection between government, businesses and NGOs, working to build dialogue, strengthen capacity and co-creating new innovations. We provide training and consultancy to organisations across industries and sectors and are a thought leader on a variety of social issues, including community revitalisation, education, co-housing, Shared Value, youth empowerment, and social entrepreneurship development.
Past and current partnerships include (but not limited to) HSBC, MTR Corporation, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals, Yan Oi Tong, Police Force, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, Drainage Services Department and The Open University of Hong Kong. You might ask, this seems like the most diverse group of clients. Well, that’s what we do, bring unlikely partners together to create new synergies and partnerships for social good.
Join us to help make Hong Kong a better place for everyone.
We are looking for Project Officer to support and execute an exciting array of client projects.
Working within a passionate small team, we are looking for a candidate who doesn’t only want to sit at a computer all day. The main duties are to manage and facilitate social innovation projects to deliver tangible outcomes. You will be exposed to a variety of challenging opportunities, arranging bespoke and engaging workshops for clients and coordinating dialogue between multiple stakeholders in different communities. You will be engaged in the whole process, from developing the proposal, structuring the program and then executing it in the field. You’ll get to understand, learn and visit parts of Hong Kong you never knew existed and get a multifaceted understanding of the complex issues in Hong Kong and attempt to curate experiences that will create solutions for them.
‘I learned more in my first two months at the Good Lab than I did for a whole year in my last job.’ Quote from a current team member.
Work you’ll do:
Support and execute projects to deliver a superior client experience, including implementing project plans, planning for logistics, creating deliverable content, engaging with stakeholders, and presenting proposed solutions to clients
- Identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Deliver high-quality project deliverables, including (but not limited to) reports, presentations, and events etc.
- Develop relationships, establish credibility with and instil confidence in our clients as a trusted social innovation advisor
- Comprehend how the client’s organisation works and keep up-to-date on industry / sector trends, leading practices, and social innovation cases
- Coordinate and communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders to align priorities and directions
- Support business development and other Good Lab functions and events as required
Your role as a team player:
- Understand key objectives for clients and Good Lab; influence client resources, team members and individuals positively
- Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with clients at working level
- Providing exceptional client services; maximising results while fostering cross-sector collaboration between government, businesses, and NGOs
- Supporting development of a high-performing team through effective coaching
- Embracing and living Good Lab’s purpose and values, and recognising others for the impacts they make
- Bachelor degree or above in social sciences, arts, humanities, management, or related disciplines
- Minimum of two years’ experience in project and / or programme management in a leader or support capacity under a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in community services, non-profits, civic organisations, public administration, social enterprises, or related sectors would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high commitment to quality client service
- Ability to juggle multiple work priorities, attention to details and outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness
- Strong stakeholder management ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of decision-makers, both internally and externally
- High proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (fluency in Mandarin is an advantage)
- Excellent command on MS PowerPoint and Word
- A team player with the ability to take initiatives and self-motivated in a dynamic and collaborative project environment
- Be able to work on weekends and flexible hours for specific Good Lab functions when required
Candidates with less experience may be considered for a Project Assistant position.
This position’s salary range is between $13K to 18K a month based on experience.
Interested applicants please send your CV with current and expected salary to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after 12 months.